Method Man and Mary J. Blige seem to have perfected the rap/hip-hop and R&B synergy better than most. It seems everyone and their mother has heard “I’ll Be There For You/You’re All I Need To Get By” at least once in their lifetime. True rap/hip-hop and R&B heads look back on this song fondly, and the newer generation is just becoming familiar with the song’s brilliance.
In 2012, the dopest rappers and the most harmonic R&B singers continued the collaborative efforts that Method Man and Mary J. Blige perfected so well. This collection of songs hit those perfect high notes and provided us with a memorable set of rhythmic bars. These are 2012’s 10 best rap/hip-hop and R&B collaborations.
10. “Special Occasion” – Diggy feat. Tank
The young hip-hop prodigy wooed the young ladies alongside the ever soulful Tank.
9. “All That (Lady)” – The Game feat. Big Sean, Lil’ Wayne, Fabolous and Jeremih
The Game enlisted a 5-star collection of rap/hip-hop’s finest for this one. The D’Angelo sample makes this song sound ever so sweeter.
8. “Hello” – T.I. feat. Cee-Lo
This track should explain why T.I.’s Trouble Man is one of the most anticipated albums of the holiday season.
7. “Mama Told Me” – Big Boi feat. Kelly Rowland
Sir Lucious Left Foot and Miss Rowland make a great combo, don’t they?
6. “Now or Never” – Kendrick Lamar feat. Mary J. Blige
Kendrick Lamar knows that working alongside the undisputed Queen of R&B is a great idea. This inspirational tune provides proof of that.
5. “Remember You” – Wiz Khalifa feat. The Weeknd
The moody beat and soothing vocals from The Weeknd and Wiz Khalifa set this song apart from its contemporaries.
4. “Lemme See” – Usher feat. Rick Ross
Usher’s 2012 resurgence has to be tied to this love making interlude that features “The Bawse.”
3. “My Moment” – DJ Drama feat. Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, and Jeremih
Jeremih makes another appearance on this list. He’s on a roll, isn’t he? DJ Drama put together a super talented clique for this one.
2. “Adorn Remix” – Miguel feat. Wiz Khalifa
Miguel added much more to this song by adding the high life rapper to his hit single.
1. “Pink Matter” – Frank Ocean feat. Andre 3000
From the best R&B album of the year comes the best rap/hip-hop collaboration of the year. Frank Ocean and 3 Stacks need to work together more in the future.