2012 is soon coming to an end. Is life as we know it coming to an end, too? Let’s hope the Mayans were wrong about their little doomsday prediction. But just in case they’re not, let’s make sure we all party till we can’t party no more. The DJ at this world ending party better have these songs on deck!
These rap/hip-hop songs feature a wide variety of the biggest stars in the game. They took over our iPods and kept us nodding our heads until the very last note. For some reason, everything sounds better once more than one rapper hops on a worthy track. Here’s my list of 2012’s best rap/hip-hop collaborative songs:
10. “I’m A Hater” – Waka Flocka Flame, Tyler, The Creator, and D Dash
Now this is the perfect anthem for those ugly doubters out there hating from the sidelines.
9. “Coke & White Bitches” – A$AP Mob, Danny Brown, Fat Trel, and Gunplay
Harlem’s wild boys hooked up with some more wild boys and brought us this drugged up 2012 classic.
8. “Bitches and Bottles” – DJ Khaled, T.I., Lil’ Wayne, and Future
Khaled picked the most turned up trio of down South rappers for this ode to alcohol and women with no inhibitions.
7. “Rise Above” – Wiz Khalifa, Pharrell, Tuki Carter, and Amber Rose
The smoothest sounding song on this list features a collection of the coolest and calmest of the bunch.
6. “Celebration” – The Game, Chris Brown, Tyga, Lil’ Wayne, and Wiz Khalifa
The West Coast has a new cookout anthem, thanks to Game and his fellow thugs in harmony.
5. “In The A” – Big Boi, T.I., and Ludacris
A couple of ATLiens represent their hometown to the fullest on this hard as hell joint.
4. “Hands On The Wheel” – ScHoolBoy Q and A$SAP Rocky
TDE and A$AP Mob’s most smoked out members link up for a song about crazy nights and even crazier mornings.
3. “No Lie” – 2 Chainz and Drake
The former Tity Boi and Canada’s very own Drizzy Drake make sure they never tell no lie.
2. “F**kin’ Problem” – A$AP Mob, 2 Chainz, Drake, and Kendrick Lamar
All these dudes have way too many problems. Luckily for us, their therapy leads to dope tracks like this one.
1. “Mercy” – Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz
2012’s best rap/hip-hop song comes courtesy of the G.O.O.D. Music conglomerate. “Lamborghini Mercy/Yo chick she so thirsty.”